Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce

Uuhhhmmmm, Wow! I mean, WOW! This was just as good as I imagined it would be. For mustard-lovers (like myself), this one is for you. And pig lovers, too. 


Serves 2 to 3

For the tenderloin:
- 1 to 1.5 lb pork tenderloin
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- S&P
- Olive oil

For the sauce:
- 1/3 c spicy brown mustard
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp light sour cream
- 3 tbsp chicken stock

Directions:
Trim all of the visible fat off of the tenderloin and cut it in half. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, S&P, and rub it all in with a little bit of olive oil.


Drizzle some extra olive oil in the pan, and turn the stove on medium-high heat. Sear the meat on all sides until there's a nice, golden brown crust. After searing the meat, turn the heat down to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook until it reaches an internal temp of 145F. (I didn't use a thermometer, but it took mine about 10 to 15 minutes.)


When meat is almost done, set it aside, wrap in aluminum foil, and let it rest while you make the mustard sauce. 


First, deglaze the pan by adding the chicken stock and scraping all that brown goodness off of the bottom. That is tons and tons of flavor right there...


Whisk in the mustard and sour cream until combined.


If the sauce is too thick, add more stock or water until it reaches the consistency that you want.


Finally, slice up your pork and top with the mustard sauce. 



This does not even do it justice, y'all. 




6 comments:

  1. Jordy was kind enough to share her lunch...aka heavenly pork loin blessed by the mustard gods. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really yummy Jord! Keep up the great cooking and bloggin'! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I might have to make this tonight. I need some comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so easy-- and I'm planning on having the leftovers for breakfast!

      Delete
  4. You're amazing. Teach me your ways. Also, now you're one follower closer to fame ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog's purpose is to teach you my ways ;) Thank you. I'll admit, I've already noticed. Obsessed much?? I think so.

      Delete