Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Simple Breakfast Sandwich

I'm starting the day off right over here in my neck of the woods. To me, there is no breakfast more satisfying than a breakfast sandwich. When I started crafting breakfast sammys back in high school, I would pile them high with sliced turkey and swiss cheese. But now, one of my favorites is the simplest of sandwiches. Obviously, my most favorite would come with bacon and cheese on it, and I strongly suggest you add it in for yourself, so I can live vicariously through you-- please and thanks. But if you're in the mood for a fresh and simple "I don't feel like clogging my arteries today" kind of sandwich, this is the way to go!


Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 thick slices of tomato
- Mayo
- S&P

Directions: 
Crack your egg and egg white into a small frying pan. Fold the whites over the yolk to prevent breakage when you flip it. Once the bottom side begins to brown slightly, flip the egg and cook until the yolk is at your preferred state of runny-ness. 


While your egg is frying, you can toast your bread in the toaster, or butter and toast it in another pan. I recommend the second option. Everything is better with a little butter, am I right? When your toast is ready, spread on a little mayo followed by the slices of tomato, then top with S&P.


When the egg is finished, slide it on top of your tomatoes. You don't even need a second piece of toast. If you want to eat it as an open-face sandwich, I recommend piercing the yolk and spreading that rich, golden goodness all over the place.


I was feeling like a traditional sandwich this morning. If you feel the same, slice down the middle and let the yolk run out so you can sop it up with your sandwich while you eat!


Cheers!




2 comments: